Sunday 8 July 2012

Great ideas for jewellery organizers

I guess I'm not the only woman who has problems with tangling necklaces and earrings. I think it’s a universal issue for women. :)
It happens always on rushed mornings that those earrings and necklaces are totally tangled what I would like to wear and it would take at least half an hour to unravel them.

As nowadays I have only my most beloved jewellery with me they can fit in a small 3-drawers box. But unfortunately they have the chance being tangled in the drawers.


This jewellery holder was made from a simple brown paper mache box with 3 drawers. I got it from my mother. She ‘wrapped’ my Christmas present in it some years ago. She is environmental conscious as well and she knew I will make something very useful from this box. It happened how she expected: first I painted the box with white acrylic paint than I glued my favourite paper napkin on it with decoupage technique.  This is one my favourite jewellery holder since then. The white crochet earrings you can see on the picture were made by my sister, and the ring with the little bird is Norita’s beautiful work. I love both jewellery very much.

But next time I will make a jewellery organizer on which I can hang my jewellery one by one next to each other to avoid tangling. I found some really great idea, and you don’t even have to buy expensive materials for them, you can use some redundant stuff from your home.

This one for example was made from a swing arm trouser hanger. I would wrap the hanger with a velvet ribbon in my favourite colour. It would make it warmer and it can stop jewellery from sliding.

Source
Do you have a drawer or a picture frame at home what you don’t need anymore? You can make nice jewellery organizers from them what would fit in your home. You can paint, decoupage or cover with fabric the frame. It’s important to use some kind of grille material or loosely woven fabric so that you could hang your earrings into the small holes.
Source

Click here to find out the tutorial for this jewellery organizer

Source
Here is a great tutorial for a fabric covered picture frame jewellery organizer.

The next idea is so simple: All you need is a cork board (maybe someone has just replaced a cork board for a bigger one in an office, grab the abandoned board) and a few pins. You can make it more stylish and unique by painting or decoupaging the frame of the board and paint the cork board itself. You can choose colourful pins as well.


And the last one, my current favourite one: jewellery organizer from an oven rack. I would have never thought about an idea like this...
If you bend little hooks from a thin wire, it can make it easier to hang your jewellery on the rack.

Click here for the tutorial for the owen rack jewellery organizer
During my research, I found an idea about using a rake head as a jewellery hanger, but I think it can be very dangerous and it doesn’t look too pretty.
I still don’t know which of the previous ideas will I accomplish... maybe a totally different one.


No comments:

Post a Comment